standard-title Travel Guide
- Located near the equator, Sri Lanka is one of the few tropical countries in the world that can boast of being a true ‘All Year Round’ holiday destination.
- Changing money –plenty of banks and Western Union booths are available in most of the major cities.
- Sri Lanka offers visitors an excellent range of accommodation facilities to suit all budgets from luxury hotels to low budget accommodations.
- Tipping- expected and accepted by drivers and stewards at restaurants
- Traveller checks are not very popular/not advised
- Buddhism is the predominant religion, although Hindus, Moslems and Christians are also present.
- Religious sensibility- Sri Lankans are extremely sensible to religious issues. Make sure you wear appropriate clothes to religious and historical places. Females are advised to wear clothes that are not too revealing.
- Remove caps, sun shades and footwear before entering a religious or cultural site.